Conference For Food Protection Standards Update
Dear ServSafe Proctors,
We’ve made several changes to the policies and procedures for administering the ServSafe Exam. These changes were made to ensure the continued validity, integrity, and security of the ServSafe program. In order to assist you with easily identifying these changes, we have listed the affected policies for quick reference:
- Data Forensics Policy update – Data Forensics Reports have been very effective in conclusively identifying collusion and cheating. Hence, instructor/proctors that are listed as high risk proctors for multiple quarters with a high number of irregularities on Data Forensics Reports will have their instructor/proctor privileges immediately revoked. This is due to numerous investigations and unannounced audits that showed that high risk proctors identified on data forensics reports are consistently in violation of exam security requirements.
- Remote Proctoring disclaimer – We do not allow proctors to monitor the exam remotely via web applications (i.e. Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.) and Exams taken in this way are not valid at this time. Exam proctors must be physically present in the room during exam administration.
- Updated procedure for correcting a misspelled name – We’ve provided detailed information on how Name Correction Forms should be filed in order to correct misspelled names on examinee records and certificates.
- Updated business hours – Our Service Center is now open from 8 AM to 8 PM Central Standard Time ready to answer any questions you may have.
- Updated NRA office address – We have moved to the Willis Tower at 233 S Wacker Dr, Suite 3600, Chicago IL 60606.
- Updated procedure documents – We have updated all of our procedures so that they are referring to our current website.
Detailed information on these changes and others can be found in the ServSafe Exam Administration Handbook, which has been posted to ServSafe.com and is available for download in the Exam Forms and Help document section under the Instructors/Proctors tab.